I want to release my suffering, don't I?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
There is no question that spirit wants to transform your pain andlift it completely. But it cannot act without your permission,because free will is always honored by your soul. You must becertain that you want suffering to end. It is hard to understandwhy anyone would cling to it, but at some level pain may bebringing you a secondary gain. Suffering makes the "I" feelnoticed, important, the center of attention. It relieves the needto take care of oneself or to face difficulties or crises.

All of these secondary reasons need to be resolved before thesoul's healing can freely enter (although they are not enough toblock it entirely). Declare your willingness today not to cling toany ulterior motive that prolongs pain.

Continue Learning about Personality

Personality

When we have a sense of self that allows us to interact appropriate with the world and other people we have a functional personality. Some forms of mental illness can skew the thought process so it interferes with how we deal with ...

others. People with personality disorders may abuse drugs, may have lots of ups and downs in relationships, may have trouble making friends, may be isolated. There are many different kinds of disorders, but its important to know that it is possible to overcome them.