I want to release my suffering, don't I?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
There is no question that spirit wants to transform your pain andlift it completely. But it cannot act without your permission,because free will is always honored by your soul. You must becertain that you want suffering to end. It is hard to understandwhy anyone would cling to it, but at some level pain may bebringing you a secondary gain. Suffering makes the "I" feelnoticed, important, the center of attention. It relieves the needto take care of oneself or to face difficulties or crises.

All of these secondary reasons need to be resolved before thesoul's healing can freely enter (although they are not enough toblock it entirely). Declare your willingness today not to cling toany ulterior motive that prolongs pain.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What does it mean that the world is my body?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
In its detachment the soul performs no actions. Yet it has enteredeverything. The physical matter of...
How can I learn to take criticism and negative feedback better?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
What a doozy of a skill for any of us. It’s never fun to hear negative things about yourself. Howeve...
How Should We Feel When We Think We Think About Death?