What does true transformation depend on?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
True transformation, in my view, depends on the emergence of the following properties as your personal experience.
  • Emergent Spiritual Properties:
    • Clarity of awareness
    • Knowingness
    • Reverence for life
    • Absence of violence
    • Fearlessness
    • Nonattachment
    • Wholeness
They are primal qualities embedded in awareness; they weren't invented by human beings or projected out of lack, need, or hunger. You cannot experience any of them by attaining more of what you already have. Being as nice as possible to others and causing no harm isn't the same as nonviolence in the spiritual sense. Showing courage in the face of danger isn't the same as fearlessness. Feeling stable and well put together isn't the same as wholeness.

One must emphasize that however unreachable these things sound, they are completely natural -- they are extensions of a process of transformation that has been with you all your life.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Is suffering individual or mutual?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Everyone suffers. In times of war or calamity or natural disasters, everyone suffers together. Yet n...
Why should I see everyone else as I see myself?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
I will see everyone as I see myself. This affirmation is about perception. After saying thisaffir...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?