Who is the real me?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
If you strip away all the distractions of life, something yet remains that is you. This version of yourself doesn't have to think or dream; it doesn't need sleep to feel rested. There is real joy in finding this version of yourself because it is already at home. It lives above the fray, totally untouched by the war of opposites. When people say that they are seeking, it's this level of themselves that is calling to them in its silent, untroubled way. Seeking is really just a way of winning yourself back.

But to win yourself back you have to get as close to zero aspossible. At its very core, reality is pure existence. Meet yourself there and you will be able to create anything inexistence. The "I am" contains all that is needed for making a world, even though by itself it consists of nothing but a silent witness. 
Judy Caplan

Who is the real me is a tough question. We all put on airs due to societal demands. Beneath our exteriors is the essence of who we are. Finding ourselves is a lifelong process. We all carry an internal voice or moral compass. Listening to this voice will help you understand who is the real me. If you are having trouble figuring this out, seek out the services of a licensed therapist.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is the difference between pain and suffering?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Many people confuse pain with suffering. We have to realize, first of all, that pain is not the same...
What is assertive communication?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Assertive communication means that both your needs and the needs of the other person are equally imp...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?