I don't like what's happening. Can I resist it?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Don't resist what's happening: It's impossible to be new and old at the same time, yet we all wish we could stay the way we are while changing in ways we desire. This is a perfect formula for getting stuck. To seek who you are, you have to let go of old images about yourself. Whether you like yourself or not is irrelevant. Someone with high self-esteem and proud accomplishments is still caught up in the battle of opposites -- in fact, such people usually think they are winning the battle for the "good" side.

The part of yourself that has found peace from all battles is the witness. If you ask to meet the witness, be prepared. Long-held habits centered on winning and losing, being accepted or rejected, feeling in control or scattered, will begin to change. Don't resist this change -- you are shedding the trappings of ego and moving to a new sense of self.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Is my pain really mine?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Even though your ego may cry out as if only you are in pain, you need to look further. Offering help...
How does the shadow (of consciousness) get your attention?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
The intensity of shadow energies is a way of getting noticed. Hiding something is not the same as ki...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?