Being a nice girl, can I reduce my stress by delegating work?

Karen R Koenig
This is the best strategy for reducing stress. No matter how energetic and talented you are, no woman is an island. Humans are designed for interchange and mutual dependence. Seeking help and delegating are ways you ensure that you don’t overtax yourself (which often leads to unwanted eating). One of my most unfavorite words in the English language (or any other, for that matter) is “strong.” We think we must be strong; we strive to be strong. Workhorses need to be strong, but people should be flexible. Healthy means knowing when you can do something yourself and when you can’t. It involves changing your mind if you made the wrong decision and reveling in the fact that people can and will help you.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What are the most common forms of resistance to self-acceptance?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
The most common forms of resistance are denial and repression.Denial says, "I don't really feel anyt...
Being a nice girl, how can I balance my social and alone time?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
This is a favorite topic in women’s magazines. There’s no magic way of making time other than carvin...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?