What are people with Enneagram type two personalities like?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

Twos are the caregivers of the universe. They spend their lives looking after the rest of us so that we can go about doing whatever it is we do. They're the nurturers, the enablers, and the support staff: Mother Teresa, Florence Nightingale, and the biblical Martha all rolled into one. Twos' motto is "Sacrifice and serve." They love to be useful, to give you what you need, to be . . . indispensable.

Twos want you to want them. Actually, they need you to need them. Their sense of self-worth is almost completely determined by whether or not they're perceived as useful and necessary. Which of course means if you have a Two doing anything for you, you'd better fire off a thank-you note immediately. When Twos feel undervalued, they can become bitter, manipulative, and resentful. Twos' favorite weapon is guilt. Lines like "I gave my life's blood for you and you can't even pick up the phone" are standard in the thwarted Two's arsenal.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What does true transformation depend on?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
True transformation, in my view, depends on the emergence of the following properties as your person...
Will people stop liking me if I become less nice?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
It’s not a matter of people liking you, but of your liking you. The rule of thumb is that true intim...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?