How can I deal objectively with my suffering?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
For all of us, suffering is intensely subjective. When pain isintense, it gives rise to thoughts of every kind, from despair andresignation to intense anger and struggle. This intense anguishwraps around the sufferer.

Yet there is an objective way to handle suffering, which is not todwell on thoughts and feelings but to consider all pain as energy.You can learn to disregard the voice of suffering, which offers noreal healing. Go instead to your most centered, calm, objectiveplace inside, and ask for release of the energies at the root ofyour pain. There is no condition immune to the soul's touch. Thisis not necessarily a rapid process, though it can be. Energyhealers exist in every city, so the task doesn't have to beundertaken in isolation. The first step is to ask for objectivity -summon spirit to bring you out of emotional turmoil into a clearunderstanding of how these painful energies can be removed. Then bealert and wait for signs of guidance from inside or outsideyourself - any avenue of help is possible.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What are strengths associated with courage in positive psychology?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
In positive psychology, the virtue of courage is associated with strengths of will that help you acc...
What is the difference between self-esteem and self-compassion?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
People sometimes confuse self-esteem with self-compassion. The two are quite different. Self-esteem ...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?