Do I have to join the clash of egos?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
At the ego level there must be conflict, because "I" knows itselfby clashing against another "I." This clash brings about many formsof evil. War is a vastly expanded version of "I" against "I."Bigotry and prejudice depend upon the same conflict on a sociallevel. Hatred in the name of God is actually disguised ego: yourGod is unacceptable because he doesn't agree with mine.

You do not have to participate in this clash of "I" against "I." Asyour true self you feel contained in others; therefore you have nostake in protecting your own point of view. With that realizationthe source of conflict is healed.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Is suffering individual or mutual?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Everyone suffers. In times of war or calamity or natural disasters, everyone suffers together. Yet n...
What happens to things stored in the shadow (of consciousness)?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Whatever is stored in darkness becomes distorted. Awareness, like fresh water, is meant to flow; whe...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?