Is suffering individual or mutual?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Everyone suffers. In times of war or calamity or natural disasters, everyone suffers together. Yet no matter how far the dark ripples of pain might spread, suffering is always individual. We feel it inside as a wound to ourselves, but because it is invisible, we can't show this wound to anyone else. We can only live through the terrible experience of grief and depression, the sense of loss that overwhelms us so much that nothing else matters.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How do I know if I am a perfectionist?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
If you’re a perfectionist - and my hunch is that most of you sport this label - you probably know it...
How can I learn to be self-compassionate?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
While some people come by self-compassion naturally, others have to learn it. Luckily, it is a l...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?