Is my shadow self my friend?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Your shadow self has gained the power to frighten you because youhave repressed it. But the shadow doesn't see itself as an enemy.It sees itself as your guardian. It protects you by holding on tothose energies that belong to you even though you feel guilty andashamed of them. Guilt made you turn to repression as a solution.Shame makes you not want to look or listen when these energies callout. Because the shadow energies got pushed out of sight, theynever had a chance to show you their hidden spiritual message.

This message was for your growth. Thanks to the shadow self, whohas held on to these old, forgotten experiences, you can revisitthem. As the shadows of rage, fear, terror, and revenge return, youonly need to see and understand. As soon as you do that, they willdeliver their message and then go. This is the whole process ofhealing the shadow self.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How do I shift from a system of duality to one of wholeness?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Most people are firmly entrenched an operating system of duality. They live according to the assumpt...
How do I break through the illusion of helplessness?
Sherrie Campbell, PhDSherrie Campbell, PhD
How we perceive our feelings of helplessness will be a major factor in overcoming it. When we move w...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?