What is the best way to deal with the many guises of fear?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
No matter what stage a person may be in, fear can be released. One starts by reaching out and beginning to talk, freely and expressively, about feeling afraid. If this seems impossible because you have been taught that fear is a sign of weakness, talk about that. Guilt is a tremendous obstacle in this regard, and so is shame. But an opening must be found.

I believe the following steps are effective:
Be with your fear, seeing it as a bodily sensation
Think of this sensation as rooted in old energies that have been stored up
Ask that pent-up energy to flow out of your body
Assist this flow until you have released what is ready to leave right now

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is anxiety sensitivity?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
Anxiety sensitivity is a personality trait that increases the risk for anxiety disorders, particular...
Can positive messages and visualizations build a positive mental attitude?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Use positive visualizations. Imagery is another powerful tool in achieving health, happiness, or suc...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?