How should I pay attention?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Give your attention only after bringing it to rest inside. All thethings that are coming your way today call for your attention.

You can pay attention in two ways - from a place of action, whichis the restless mind, or from a place of stillness, which is thepeaceful mind. You always have this choice. Your mind by nature mayseem restless, but its deeper nature is to be calm.

Today, as you become aware that your attention is scattered,restless, on the move, discontented, or focused on external thingslike schedules and deadlines, stop and choose. Ask for a peacefulplace from which to view the very next thing. Stop the internaldialogue with its constant chatter and pressure.

Know that the reason to have restful awareness is that this is yourtrue self.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How do I make the most of an experience?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Living fully is extolled everywhere in popular culture. I have only to turn on the television at ran...
How do I stop obsessing about whether I'm making the right decision?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
If you obsess over whether you are making the right decision, you are basically assuming that the un...
How Should We Feel When We Think We Think About Death?