How is doubt destructive?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Doubt is destructive to the one quality that awareness is trying to bring to you: knowingness. At a deep level, you are the knower of reality. Doubt is a symptom indicating that you aren't in contact with the knower inside. It usually means that you are looking outside yourself when you have to make a choice. Your decision isgoing to be based on externals. For most people, the strongest externals come down to what other people think because fitting in is the path of least resistance. But fitting in is like embracing inertia.

Social acceptance is the lowest common denominator of the self -- it's you as a social unit rather than you as a unique person. Find out who you really are; let fitting in be the last thing on your mind. Either it will happen or it won't, but in either case you will be in no more doubt about yourself.

There is no formula for removing doubts because finding the knower inside is personal. You have to be committed to expanding your awareness. Don't be in doubt about that one thing. If you turn inward and follow the path that leads to your inner intelligence, the knower will be there waiting for you.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How do people get lost in their pain?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Pain has a subjective component and how we assess pain is completely individual. By not renouncing t...
How do I know if I am a perfectionist?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
If you’re a perfectionist - and my hunch is that most of you sport this label - you probably know it...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?