What are the most common forms of resistance to self-acceptance?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
The most common forms of resistance are denial and repression.Denial says, "I don't really feel anything." Repression says, "I amnot permitted to feel." So today, when you run across ordinaryirritants or stresses, feel what comes up. When you see somethingbeautiful or heartwarming, feel what comes up. Catch yourself ifyou are in the habit of dismissing your feelings. Let your responseblossom as it wishes. Most especially, don't take your firstreaction as final. Denial and repression step in to close theemotions' gates at the speed of thought. Mentally return two orthree times to any situation that aroused a response, and watch thedeeper layers unfold.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Does just seeing myself as creator of my reality make it true?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
A skeptic will protest that just seeing yourself as the creator of your reality doesn't mean you are...
What is the first step to healing my shadow self?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
We are all aware of having dark impulses, which include hatred,fear, and aggression. These impulses ...
How Should We Feel When We Think We Think About Death?