How does my soul see an experience?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine Specialist

Your soul sees every experience through new eyes. It isn't the things around you that have become tired or stale, but your perception that has made them fade away. Notice how swiftly you decide whether you like or dislike anything. Some old memory istelling you how to react. You know in advance what you like and dislike, what will be accepted or rejected. But you have the choice not to go there. In the tiny gap before you react—or in the pause afterward—you can be open. Ask your soul for its response, whichis always to appreciate. Today give yourself permission to apply new feelings of appreciation to a flower, a curtain fluttering in the breeze, a child's game, a tree gracing the roadside—anything you have taken for granted which calls out to be seen anew.

William Stillman
Health Education Specialist

As your higher self in mirror-image, your soul “sees” an experience from an enlightened perspective that is objective instead of subjective. Your soul understands how to interpret experiences in terms of educational opportunities that align within the grand scheme of the Universe.

For example, let’s say you are getting ready to leave a friend’s place and you cannot find your car keys. You search and search and become increasingly frustrated for having misplaced them. Your frustration may even be fueled by knowing that the delay is causing you to miss another appointment or get tied up in rush-hour traffic. You finally locate the misplaced keys, and start back down the road only to come to a standstill—there’s a three-car crash up ahead and you’ll be delayed even longer!

As human beings, we are very egocentric. The subjective, human interpretation in response to the preceding circumstances is to become irritated and annoyed so that our mood is negatively affected. However the objective response, as your soul sees it, is to interpret the delay as a blessing in disguise: your vehicle may well have been involved in the accident had you been able to find your keys right away and left your friend’s place on time!

Developing a relationship with your soul, or higher self, through prayer, meditation, and selfless acts will enable you to—more and more—interpret every day experiences from the vantage point that your soul “sees” them.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How can I gain wisdom?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Since the mind is constantly seeking answers, each of us wants to know with certainty about God, the...
What are people with Enneagram type eight personalities like?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Eights are all about power. Strong, self-confident, and resourceful, they embody the archetypal warr...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?