How can I identify my strengths?

Ronald Siegel
To reap the benefits of playing from your strengths, you first need to know what they are. Unfortunately, according to a study presented at the British Psychological Society, only about one-third of people have a useful understanding of their strengths. If something comes easily, you may take it for granted and not identify it as a strength. In fact, you may assume the same capacity comes naturally to everyone and get frustrated with people who don't display it. That's a backhanded way to recognize a strength in yourself, but there are more straightforward means. You can ask someone you respect who knows you well, notice what people compliment you on, and think about what comes most easily to you.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How can increased awareness help me change my behavior?
Darren Treasure, PhDDarren Treasure, PhD
People who have been largely sedentary and unhealthy don’t all of a sudden wake-up one morning and i...
Is suffering individual or mutual?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Everyone suffers. In times of war or calamity or natural disasters, everyone suffers together. Yet n...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?