Being a nice girl, how can I balance my social and alone time?

Karen R Koenig

This is a favorite topic in women’s magazines. There’s no magic way of making time other than carving it out and sticking to your guns. I don’t care if you sit in the middle of your living room floor naked staring at your chipped nails. Most people who have trouble being alone are so anxious when there aren’t people around or when they’re not busy, that they freak (and turn to food). That’s because when you’re alone, you start to experience your true feelings: confusion, anger, loneliness, depression, anxiety. These emotions have value. You may not know what to do when you’re alone other than think about what you should do. Spend enough time by yourself and something will surface. Cross my heart.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How does the shadow (of consciousness) get your attention?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
The intensity of shadow energies is a way of getting noticed. Hiding something is not the same as ki...
Why do people lie?
Erik FisherErik Fisher
The most basic motivation for a lie is to create an alternative truth or "shell" around ourselve...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?