Why should I feel fear as a bodily sensation?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Feeling fear as a bodily sensation gets it out of the realm of the mind. Fear has a voice. It speaks of many dangers; it accumulates scenarios of doom and whirls from one to the other without end. As a voice, fear is extremely persuasive, yet the words are connected to bodily reactions. These are much easier to release than your thoughts. Thoughts come and go, often increasing in intensity the more you resist them. Bodily sensations are more objective.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is perfectionism?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
Canadian researchers Gordon L. Flett and Paul L. Hewitt wrote the book on perfectionism, so to s...
Why are some people mean?
Brenda K. Wade, PhDBrenda K. Wade, PhD
Why are some people toxic and mean? Here’s what happens. Before the age of eight, children are m...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?