Why should I express my being as joyful play?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
As long as the drama of good versus evil, pleasure versus pain,keeps its appeal, the purpose of life is struggle. Duality, beingborn of separation, exists as a stage set. Since the drama is sofull of richness, what do we do when it ends? Is all purpose lostwhen there's nothing more to win or lose? Many people are horrifiedat the prospect of giving up duality. As someone once candidly toldme, "Go back into the light? It sounds an awful lot like death tome!"

The purpose of life after you escape duality is joyful play. Thishas always been the purpose. Your senses cannot tell that pain isjust another form of bliss - they think it is the opposite ofpleasure. But once you know yourself as spirit, play becomesdivine. The light knows that there is nothing but itself. So whyshould any aspect of itself be less than joyful? Unlike pleasure,bliss is an eternal feeling, born of the sheer enjoyment ofcreation with itself.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How can I achieve true tolerance?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Merely tolerating another person is a distortion of true tolerance.True tolerance comes about when y...
Does my presence have an impact on the things around me?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Each one of us has an impact, either positive or negative, on the people around us, on the human col...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?