How do I escape the ego's insecurity?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Humility is the modesty that comes naturally when you see how vastcreation is in all its infinite abundance. In India it is said thathumility bows down before God like a tree laden with ripe fruit.The ego fears being made humble. The "I" is insecure and does notwelcome being taken down to a lower position.

The way to escape this attitude is by appreciating the richness ofyourself. Within you the drama of life plays itself out as in noone else. You can access the full range of experience, includingexperiences of pain and suffering. Even as you move to healyourself, remain aware that the play of light and dark adds to therichness of life.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is the difference between self-esteem and self-compassion?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
People sometimes confuse self-esteem with self-compassion. The two are quite different. Self-esteem ...
Being a nice girl, why do I fail to take credit for my work?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
Women who are too nice have a tendency to feel grossly uncomfortable taking compliments and praise, ...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?