What are the drawbacks of materialism?

Psychologists have linked materialism to maladies and disorders such as general dissatisfaction with life, social anxiety and narcissism. Buddhists state this more simply, noting that material objects impede true happiness.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How can I become an unchanging observer?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
At the soul level you are a silent witness who experiences theworld with joyful detachment. That is ...
Can helping others lessen my own suffering?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
On a practical level, nothing alleviates suffering like reaching out to another person who is suffer...
How Should We Feel When We Think We Think About Death?