Does having a type-A personality affect aging?

We know that illness comes only from the things that stress you -- even if they don't seem to be the things that stress other people -- and that do so for a prolonged period. You age both from minor, Nagging Unfinished Tasks (I call them "NUTs": We go nuts from NUTs!) and from major life events, which can be as different as the loss of a family member, moving to a new town, or financial troubles that seem beyond your control. Also, the nagging recurrent problems (the broken toilet seat that shifts every time you sit on it) that are minor but that bother you and you don't deal with also age you. They cause persistent stress. Nagging stress seems to wear you out, and persistent stress and major life events are true killers. Reducing stress in your life can give back thirty of the thirty-two years that major life events can take away.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How does my soul see an experience?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Your soul sees every experience through new eyes. It isn't the things around you that have become ti...
Being a nice girl, should I focus on taking care of others or myself?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
What a sticky wicket - but it’s at the core of effective self-care. It’s a lot easier to throw your ...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?