Does my mental state impact my health?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

Total wellness is not just about your body. Your mental state has as much impact on your health as anything you do. Negative responses to stress can elevate blood pressure, weaken your immune system, and contribute to everything from heart disease to digestive problems. But, the power of the mind-body connection can also be harnessed for good. What has come to be known as the placebo effect has demonstrated that people can overcome disease by merely believing they are being treated. Through controlling your emotions with techniques like meditation and biofeedback, you can help yourself heal on every level.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What are the personality traits of a perfectionist?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
Canadian researchers Gordon L. Flett and Paul L. Hewitt have found that some of the following te...
What are causes of perfectionism?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
Are perfectionists made or born? Probably both. Obsessive-compulsive disorder has a genetic comp...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?