Does just seeing myself as creator of my reality make it true?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
A skeptic will protest that just seeing yourself as the creator of your reality doesn't mean you are. But it does. Reality shifts as you do, and when you change your perception of being separate, the one reality responds by shifting with you. The reason everyone doesn't notice this is that the ego-based world with all its demands, pressures, drama, and excesses is highly addictive, and like any addiction it needs a daily fix as well as denial that there is any way out.

By giving your allegiance to the one reality instead, you won't end the addiction immediately, but you will begin to starve it. Your ego and personality, which give you limited awareness of who you are, will be put on notice that clinging and grasping must come to an end. Your conditioning from the past that told you how to win out over the outside world will no longer help you survive. The support you counted on from external sources such as family, friends, status, possessions, and money will no longer make you feel secure.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Why should I see everyone else as I see myself?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
I will see everyone as I see myself. This affirmation is about perception. After saying thisaffir...
What are bodily sensations of fear?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
These sensations are the biological residue of experience. When you recall being frightened by somet...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?