How can I overdo niceness at work?

Karen R Koenig
There are a host of ways you can overdo niceness at work, almost all of which involve a constitutional inability to pronounce audibly the simplest of monosyllabic words: “no.” Sometimes you’d swear you were thinking no, and are stunned when yes inexplicably pops out of your mouth. Other times, you find yourself vigorously nodding before someone has even finished making a request or demand. Fortunately, the book Nice Girls Finish Fat will give you the tools you need to outgrow those self- destructive urges.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Is it wrong if I crave admiration by being nice?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
Sure, the downside of being action central at work is exhaustion, feeling overwhelmed, and boosting ...
Can identifying with a false image of yourself cause suffering?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Identifying with a false image of who you are causes a great deal of suffering in other ways. Life n...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?