Am I sufficient within myself to meet any challenge?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
My soul knows me as lacking nothing.

This affirmation is about being sufficient within yourself to meet any challenge. Use this as your affirmation today. Then as you goabout your routine, notice all the things you want to buy or cling to or possess as your own. Don't judge these impulses; just be aware of them. Remind yourself that things will come and go in yourlife, but you were born in fullness that lies within you. It lacks nothing. Is there an underlying anxiety beneath the desire? The ego wants to acquire things out of insecurity, out of a sense of lack. Remind yourself that everything comes and goes except the soul.It's from the soul that a person gains a sense of inner fulfillment. The soul lacks nothing and therefore has no anxiety about the outside world: gain is not a need, loss is not a threat.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How can my inner voice be tamed?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
The answer is freedom, yet in a most peculiar way: You must free yourself from decisions. The voice ...
What is the link between suffering and clinging?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Sanskrit's second klesha says that a person suffers because of clinging, which means clinging to any...
How Should We Feel When We Think We Think About Death?