How do I break through the illusion of numbness?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Grief is a wrenching emotion and therefore one of the most threatening. Those we love have been taken inside us and made apart of who we are. When they die or are threatened by crisis, wefeel that our own being has been attacked. To the unconscious mind,there is a real threat that we are going to die with them. By goingnumb instead of grieving, your ego pretends that the loss isn'tagonizing, that the threat is not so grave as it actually is.

Grief falls into the rare category of being a necessary suffering.You have to go through it before you can release it back to thelight. Have patience with your grief. In this period of necessarysuffering comes a great sense of purification. The sting of deathis no longer quite as anguishing. The possibility of letting in thelight once again becomes real.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Does my mental state impact my health?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Total wellness is not just about your body. Your mental state has as much impact on your health as a...
What can be stored in the shadow (of consciousness)?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Anything can be stored in the shadow. A bank vault where you keep your most precious possessions is ...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?