What is the primary role of a health and wellness coach?

The primary role of a health and wellness coach is to partner with their clients in the clients' efforts to adopt and/or maintain a healthy lifestyle. Health & wellness coaches are trusted advisors and are trained to help clients learn to nourish their mind, body and soul. A full, satisfied life usually includes a balance in all aspects of one's life. In addition to nutrition and fitness, health & wellness coaches work with their clients to explore habits, environments and relationships that may be negatively contributing to their current state of health. 

Health and wellness coaches are responsible for contacting individuals who are eligible for the program and provide necessary wellness coaching to reduce or eliminate high risk behaviors.

Continue Learning about Personal Trainers and Fitness

How can I ensure a personal trainer is focused on my needs?
Audrey Quick , NASM Elite TrainerAudrey Quick , NASM Elite Trainer
The very nature of training is that you are going to have a personal relationship with your trainer....
What are the typical hourly rates and discounts of a personal trainer?
Typical hourly rates and discounts personal trainers provide varies by location, experience, club, e...
What should I look for in a personal trainer?
Jeremiah Forster, NASM Elite TrainerJeremiah Forster, NASM Elite Trainer
All answers are great above and I agree with all responses, for me I think a trainer should have the...
Who is a good candidate for telephone coaching?
Anyone can be a candidate for phone coaching, especially individuals who have a high preference for ...