What is the primary role of a health and wellness coach?

Health and wellness coaches are responsible for contacting individuals who are eligible for the program and provide necessary wellness coaching to reduce or eliminate high risk behaviors.

The primary role of a health and wellness coach is to partner with their clients in the clients' efforts to adopt and/or maintain a healthy lifestyle. Health & wellness coaches are trusted advisors and are trained to help clients learn to nourish their mind, body and soul. A full, satisfied life usually includes a balance in all aspects of one's life. In addition to nutrition and fitness, health & wellness coaches work with their clients to explore habits, environments and relationships that may be negatively contributing to their current state of health. 

Continue Learning about Personal Trainers and Fitness

If I want to hire a personal trainer, what credentials should I look for?
Jeff Croswell , NASM Elite TrainerJeff Croswell , NASM Elite Trainer
There are seveal things you want to look for in a personal trainer.  For one make sure that they are...
What kind of follow-up strategy should I expect from my personal trainer?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
Every professional is different and will often have varying follow-up procedures.  Commonly, you wil...
How does live coaching make working out easier?
Having a live coach makes working out easier for the following key reasons: motivation, education, ...
Should I ask if a personal trainer has professional liability insurance?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
It is important to do your homework before hiring a personal trainer, including asking about liabili...