How can fitness trainers keep people motivated?

Mr. Donovan Green
Athletic Training
Positive reinforcement can go a long toward motivating people. Watch the video to learn what Dr. Oz's personal trainer, Donovan Green, tells his clients to keep them pumped.
Dr. Anita Gupta
Anesthesiology
Fitness trainers can help motivate people by setting simple goals they want to accomplish in order to reach their longer-range goals. By making the fitness program fun, the routine becomes more enjoyable and motivational. Scheduling a regular workout time will form a habit and will make the person want to work out often so they can see the results and progress their fitness trainers assured them of. A variety of exercise methods should be incorporated into the program to challenge different body parts. Fitness trainers should be positive and constantly push the client with inspirational words about their progress in attaining a new, healthy lifestyle. By relating to the client and their struggles, the fitness trainer can inform the person they’re training on ways to correct the problems he or she is facing in order to see a difference.

Continue Learning about Personal Trainers and Fitness

What should I tell a personal trainer about myself?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
You can help your trainer to help you by putting some thought into what kind of fitness goals you wa...
What is the main attraction of virtual coaching?
Lyn TurtonLyn Turton
Virtual coaching is:Convenient - appointments tend to be available outside regular office hours. You...
How can a coach prevent being sued for negligence?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Many documents and credentials are beneficial for keeping a coach from being sued for negligence. Fo...
How am I held accountable if I'm doing online coaching?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
There are many ways you can be held accountable doing online training. For example, if you were one ...