What are the benefits to hiring an in-home trainer?

In-home personal trainers offer many benefits. Most importantly, they offer a convenient way to reach your health and fitness goals. By exercising in the privacy of your own home with a personal trainer, you can save time and stay motivated. When hiring any personal trainer, verify that the trainer has earned a certification from a nationally accredited institution and carries liability insurance. Taking the time to verify these two things will help you feel confident that you are hiring a professional who can safely assist you in achieving your fitness goals.

An in-home trainer focuses directly on you, the client.  It also provides a private place to discuss client issues and exercise without other people watching you.

In-home personal trainers offer many benefits and will often spend more time with you and give you a more personalized service than the trainers you find in a health club. Since the training will occur in your own home, you can learn how to get fit without the requirement of an expensive gym membership or the hassle of having to drive to a health club to exercise. Make sure the personal trainer you choose is accredited by one of the major certification agencies such as NASM, ACSM, NSCA or ACE. It is also important to be sure they are CPR certified and carry insurance.

Convience is the number one thing people hire a in-home personal trainer.  Another great reason is you don't have the distractions from the gym and can focus on your workouts.  Also having a trainer come to your home and work around your schedule is great as well.

Psychologically an in home trainer can help you provider a greater automony and a greater sense of accomplishment. An in home trainer can provide support around your goals based on the activities you enjoy and are interested to participate in. For example, if you love to play tennis a trainer can design an at home program that includes strength and cardio with goals around playing tennis.

The other great thing about an in home trainer is that they are there to support you when you need it. A trainer may come once or twice a week for awhile and once you have a routine you may not need them to come back as frequently or at all for awhile depending on the amount of support you need. The relationship can be flexible and can be tailored to fit your needs.

As an in home personal trainer myself, my clients find it much more convenient and time efficient to work out at home with me.  I bring the necessary equipment and expertise and they just clear away a space and bring their energy.  In-home personal trainers can also teach clients workouts they can do on their own at home. Again this saves time and more convenient for the client.  Training someone in their home allows me to keep the focus on them without any distractions.  I am also in regular contact with my in-home clients keeping track of their progress and providing ongoing accountability even when I'm not with them. This often isn't the case with gym based trainers. As others have said, make sure to check that your in-home trainer is certified with a reputable organization and has been trained in CPR.

In-home training offers many benefits to the client. As coaches and trainers we have to be in the business of “excuse removal.” There are many excuses that are immediately removed once you hire an in-home trainer. First of all, it is beyond convenient for the client! Convenience is at a premium when it comes to following through with exercise and sticking with it for the long haul. It also gives the trainer an opportunity to see the client in their own environment which is key to understanding their obstacles. It allows the client to feel completely comfortable and enables the trainer and client to focus on the task at hand. For clients who don’t enjoy the gym atmosphere or who have a tough time getting down to business in the gym, in-home training is an excellent choice!

In home training sessions offer a myriad of benefits as long as you have a highly qualified fitness professional. Some of the benefits are:

• Privacy. Some people either feel uncomfortable working out in a gym or they may get too distracted with all the hustle and bustle.
  • Accountability. I have found with my clients that it is far too easy to call in sick or miss sessions due to not wanting to leave the home; however, when I come to them they have no choice except to workout.
  • Comfort. You literally only have to roll out of bed and throw on some workout clothes. They really don't even have to match!
  • Convenience. This is great especially if you have small children. The majority of my in home clients have small children and they feel more comfortable working out with their kids within reach. This is also beneficial in teaching my clients how to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.

www.michellecfitness.com

Continue Learning about Personal Trainers and Fitness

How can a coach prevent being sued for negligence?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Many documents and credentials are beneficial for keeping a coach from being sued for negligence. Fo...
Will a personal trainer track my progress?
Helping clients track and monitor progress is one of the most important jobs of a health and fit...
Should I ask if a personal trainer has professional liability insurance?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
It is important to do your homework before hiring a personal trainer, including asking about liabili...
Is it tough to prepare for telephone coaching sessions?
No, it is not tough to prepare for telephone coaching sessions. To reduce wasted time spent searchin...