What are the treatment options for peritoneal diseases?

Because there are many different kinds of peritoneal diseases, there are also many different kinds of treatment options. Ascites, an excessive build up of fluid in the peritoneal cavity, is typically treated with bed rest, a low-salt diet, and diuretic drugs that help remove more wastewater from the system. Peritonitis, an infection in the peritoneal region, is typically treated with antibiotics to stop the spread of infection and surgery to remove the infected abdominal tissue.

Continue Learning about Peritoneal Diseases

What is the best way to prevent peritoneal diseases?
Some peritoneal diseases are easier to prevent than others. One of the complications of typhoid ...
Are peritoneal diseases serious for children?
Peritoneal diseases can be serious for children, depending on the type of disease they have and what...
Are peritoneal diseases contagious?
You can catch certain peritoneal diseases but not others. Typhoid fever, an intestinal infection, ca...
What lifestyle changes should I make if I have a peritoneal disease?
Peritoneal diseases all affect the body differently. However, many of them present with excess fluid...