What increases my risk for peritoneal diseases?

Because there are many different kinds of peritoneal diseases, there are also many different risk factors. For example, if you suffer from stomach ulcers or have had appendicitis, you are at greater risk of contracting peritonitis. Any kind of exposure to asbestos is the greatest risk factor for peritoneal mesothelioma. Peritoneal mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer found in the tissues of your abdomen.

Continue Learning about Peritoneal Diseases

Do peritoneal diseases affect children differently than adults?
Generally, most peritoneal diseases affect children in the same ways that they affect adults. Howeve...
What is the best way to prevent peritoneal diseases?
Some peritoneal diseases are easier to prevent than others. One of the complications of typhoid ...
What lifestyle changes should I make if I have a peritoneal disease?
Peritoneal diseases all affect the body differently. However, many of them present with excess fluid...
Can peritoneal diseases have any complications?
Peritoneal diseases can have a variety of complications. Because each disease is different, the comp...