What are peritoneal diseases?

Peritoneal diseases are diseases that affect the peritoneal cavity. A subsection of the abdominal cavity, the peritoneal cavity is the area of your body that contains such abdominal and pelvic organs as the intestines, the stomach, the liver, and the ovaries (in women). Peritoneal diseases include anything that creates an abnormal amount of fluid in the peritoneal region

Continue Learning about Peritoneal Diseases

What are the symptoms of peritoneal diseases?
Because there are some many different peritoneal diseases, they can have a variety of different symp...
Should I talk to my doctor about peritoneal diseases?
Talk to your doctor about peritoneal diseases if you are experiencing abdominal pain, bloating, or d...
Are there alternative treatments for peritoneal diseases?
There are alternative treatments available for some peritoneal diseases. Combination therapies a...
Is there a vaccine for peritoneal diseases?
Because there are many different kinds of peritoneal diseases, there is no single vaccine that can p...