Should I talk to my doctor about my peritonitis symptoms?

If you suspect you, or someone you know, has peritonitis, you should go to the emergency room or call emergency services. Do not wait for a doctor's appointment. Dialysis patients should become aware of the symptoms of peritonitis and act immediately on noticing these symptoms. If you have other risk factors for peritonitis, tell the medical staff at the emergency room.

Continue Learning about Peritoneal Diseases

How are peritoneal diseases diagnosed?
Because many peritoneal diseases are associated with a build up of peritoneal fluid, doctors can dia...
What lifestyle changes should I make if I have a peritoneal disease?
Peritoneal diseases all affect the body differently. However, many of them present with excess fluid...
What is the best way to prevent peritoneal diseases?
Some peritoneal diseases are easier to prevent than others. One of the complications of typhoid ...
How common are peritoneal diseases?
Some peritoneal diseases are more common than others. For example, peritoneal mesothelioma is a very...