Do peritoneal diseases affect children differently than adults?

Generally, most peritoneal diseases affect children in the same ways that they affect adults. However, certain peritoneal diseases are more common in children than they are in adults. Intussusception, a disorder in which one portion of the intestines overlaps another, is the leading cause of bowel obstruction in young children but rarely affects adults.

Continue Learning about Peritoneal Diseases

Are peritoneal diseases life threatening?
Some peritoneal diseases are life threatening. Peritoneal mesothelioma, a rare cancer of the abdomen...
Should I talk to my doctor about peritoneal diseases?
Talk to your doctor about peritoneal diseases if you are experiencing abdominal pain, bloating, or d...
What is the best way to prevent peritoneal diseases?
Some peritoneal diseases are easier to prevent than others. One of the complications of typhoid ...
Is there a cure for peritoneal diseases?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Certain peritoneal diseases are curable and others are not. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), which...