How do I manage my peritoneal diseases on a daily basis?

Managing your peritoneal diseases on a daily basis depends on the kind of peritoneal disease you have. Ascites, a build up of fluid in the peritoneal cavity, can be managed in part with a low-salt diet and bed rest. Typhoid fever, a bacterial infection of the intestines, is another peritoneal disease. Doing things like drinking clean water, staying away from raw fruits and vegetables, and washing your hands frequently when visiting areas where this disease is prevalent can prevent it.

Continue Learning about Peritoneal Diseases

Who is most at risk of peritoneal diseases?
The risks for peritoneal diseases depend on the diseases themselves. Each disease comes with its own...
Can peritoneal diseases be prevented?
Because each peritoneal disease is different, there are a variety of ways to prevent different perit...
Should I be worried about peritoneal diseases?
You should be worried about peritoneal diseases if you are experiencing abdominal pain, bloating, an...
How can I correct peritoneal diseases?
There are many different peritoneal diseases, and they all affect the body differently. Therefore, t...