How can I correct peritoneal diseases?

There are many different peritoneal diseases, and they all affect the body differently. Therefore, there is a variety of ways to correct these diseases. Peritonitis, for example, is typically treated with antibiotics. In addition to the medicine given to kill the infection, surgery may be recommended to remove already damaged tissue from the abdomen. Immunosuppressant medications are used to treat autoimmune hepatitis, a peritoneal disease that causes a person's immune system to attack the liver. Liver transplant surgery is also a corrective option for this disease.

Continue Learning about Peritoneal Diseases

Should I talk to my doctor about peritoneal diseases?
Talk to your doctor about peritoneal diseases if you are experiencing abdominal pain, bloating, or d...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with peritoneal diseases?
Caring for someone with a peritoneal disease involves different practices depending on the disease. ...
Do peritoneal diseases affect children differently than adults?
Generally, most peritoneal diseases affect children in the same ways that they affect adults. Howeve...
How do other illnesses affect peritoneal diseases?
Other illnesses can greatly affect peritoneal diseases, depending on what peritoneal disease a perso...