What is the best way to prevent peritoneal diseases?

Some peritoneal diseases are easier to prevent than others. One of the complications of typhoid fever, for example, is peritonitis. Typhoid fever is a problem in many developing nations. But this disease can be prevented with the distribution of safe, treated drinking water and improved sanitation and medical care. Vaccines can also help prevent typhoid fever in high-risk areas. It is believed that another peritoneal disease, peritoneal mesothelioma, is caused in part by exposure to asbestos. Therefore, one way to help prevent this particularly aggressive disease is to reduce your exposure to asbestos fibers.

Continue Learning about Peritoneal Diseases

Are there alternative treatments for peritoneal diseases?
There are alternative treatments available for some peritoneal diseases. Combination therapies a...
Is there a vaccine for peritoneal diseases?
Because there are many different kinds of peritoneal diseases, there is no single vaccine that can p...
How do I manage my peritoneal diseases on a daily basis?
Managing your peritoneal diseases on a daily basis depends on the kind of peritoneal disease you hav...
How are peritoneal diseases diagnosed?
Because many peritoneal diseases are associated with a build up of peritoneal fluid, doctors can dia...