There are alternative treatments available for some peritoneal diseases. Combination therapies are being used to treat mesothelioma, a rare cancer found in the peritoneal region. The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine supports several programs using acupuncture as an adjunct treatment for things like cancer - which can help with both peritoneal mesothelioma and ovarian cancer. Another program is studying the positive effects of botanical extracts on infections and inflammation in the intestines, which can aid with peritoneal diseases in this organ. Yet another study currently underway is examining a hemp compound being used to treat hepatitis, another peritoneal disease.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with peritoneal diseases?
- Q What causes peritoneal diseases?
- Q How can I correct peritoneal diseases?
- Q What are peritoneal diseases?
- Q Who is most at risk of peritoneal diseases?
- Q How do peritoneal diseases affect the body?