Are there alternative treatments for peritonitis?

There are no alternative treatments for peritonitis, since it is caused by an infection and must be treated immediately with antibiotics or, in some cases, surgery. Since peritonitis can progress quickly to a life-threatening infection, it is important for patients not to try to treat themselves or try alternatives to standard medicine. It is also important for patients to follow their doctor's advice about treating any conditions that may have caused the peritonitis in the first place.

Continue Learning about Peritoneal Diseases

What lifestyle changes should I make if I have a peritoneal disease?
Peritoneal diseases all affect the body differently. However, many of them present with excess fluid...
How common are peritoneal diseases?
Some peritoneal diseases are more common than others. For example, peritoneal mesothelioma is a very...
How do I manage my peritoneal diseases on a daily basis?
Managing your peritoneal diseases on a daily basis depends on the kind of peritoneal disease you hav...
What are the symptoms of peritoneal diseases?
Because there are some many different peritoneal diseases, they can have a variety of different symp...