Should I talk to my doctor about my aggressive periodontitis symptoms?

Yes. Diagnosis of aggressive periodontitis is simple and effective treatments are available. Early diagnosis and treatment of aggressive periodontitis will help to limit the impact on your health. If treated, the prognosis is good for individuals for whom the condition is localized. If left untreated, the condition can lead to such complications as tooth loss, stroke, heart disease, and respiratory problems as the bacteria that triggers periodontitis enters the bloodstream and affects other functions of the body.

Continue Learning about Periodontitis

What Is Gum Disease?
What Is Gum Disease?
“A chronic infection leads to chronic inflammation and an immune system that’s in overdrive all the time,” says Nancy Newhouse, DDS, MS, a board-certi...
Should I talk to my doctor about my periodontitis symptoms?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If you notice swelling and redness in the tissues around your teeth, you may have periodontitis, a f...
How common is periodontitis?
Periodontitis is very common. It is particularly common in adults who have had or do have gingivitis...
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile