What is the recovery process of laser gum surgery?

Following your approximately two-hour session for laser gum surgery, you should be able to drive home or go to work with little recovery time required. Your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory to prevent infection and reduce swelling.

Continue Learning about Periodontitis

What Is Gum Disease?
What Is Gum Disease?
“A chronic infection leads to chronic inflammation and an immune system that’s in overdrive all the time,” says Nancy Newhouse, DDS, MS, a board-certi...
How do I manage my periodontitis on a daily basis?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If you notice swelling and redness in the tissues around your teeth, you may have periodontitis, a f...
How should I care for someone with periodontitis?
If a child or anyone else in your care has periodontitis, or gum disease, make sure he or she: s...
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile