If I have periodontal disease, what am I at risk for?

Women are at risk for a number of problems if they have periodontal disease, premature delivery, low birth weight, stroke, heart disease and lung disease.

Continue Learning about Periodontitis

What Is Gum Disease?
What Is Gum Disease?
“A chronic infection leads to chronic inflammation and an immune system that’s in overdrive all the time,” says Nancy Newhouse, DDS, MS, a board-certi...
Should I talk to my doctor about my periodontitis symptoms?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If you notice swelling and redness in the tissues around your teeth, you may have periodontitis, a f...
What is periodontitis?
Steven M. Vanscoyoc, DDSSteven M. Vanscoyoc, DDS
Periodontitis is the breakdown of the bone and soft tissue surrounding the teeth. It is caused by th...
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile