How do I manage my aggressive periodontitis on a daily basis?

If you are diagnosed with aggressive periodontitis, it is important to follow your doctor's recommendations regarding home oral care and treatment options. Some steps you can take to manage aggressive periodontitis include the following:

• brush your teeth twice daily and after every meal;
  • floss daily and rinse with mouthwash to control tarter between teeth;
  • reduce intake of sugary and acidic foods;
  • quit smoking;
  • drink water to increase saliva production;
  • schedule regular dental checkups as directed by your dentist.

Continue Learning about Periodontitis

What Is Gum Disease?
What Is Gum Disease?
“A chronic infection leads to chronic inflammation and an immune system that’s in overdrive all the time,” says Nancy Newhouse, DDS, MS, a board-certi...
Is there a cure for gum disease?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The only type of periodontal disease that can be cured is gingivitis, which can be reversed with tre...
How common is periodontitis?
Periodontitis is very common. It is particularly common in adults who have had or do have gingivitis...
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile