Can my gum recession spread to other areas of my mouth?

If you are experiencing gum recession, you should not delay care because the recession can progress from the gum tissue around your tooth to the tissue covering the muscles of your jaws. This may require more advanced and expensive treatment.

Continue Learning about Periodontitis

What Is Gum Disease?
What Is Gum Disease?
“A chronic infection leads to chronic inflammation and an immune system that’s in overdrive all the time,” says Nancy Newhouse, DDS, MS, a board-certi...
What is periodontitis?
Steven M. Vanscoyoc, DDSSteven M. Vanscoyoc, DDS
Periodontitis is the breakdown of the bone and soft tissue surrounding the teeth. It is caused by th...
Is periodontitis serious?
Yes -- Periodontal disease can lead to tooth loss and has also been associated with an increased ris...
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile