What causes loose teeth (tooth mobility) in women?

Women with periodontal disease could develop loose teeth. This occurs as the supporting structure of the gums gradually recedes and deteriorates. Known causes of loose teeth include the following:
  • Trauma, or getting hit in the mouth
  • Gum disease
  • Malocclusion, or a bite that does not line up properly
  • Teeth grinding, or bruxism
Loose teeth can be fixed by your dentist.

Continue Learning about Periodontal Diseases

Severe Gum Disease May Lead to Impotence
A fresh, healthy mouth plays well in your favor each time you lean in for a kiss. And it may have a surprising benefit in the bedroom: helping prevent...
What can I do to manage my gum disease?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The best way to manage gum disease is to catch it early. The early stage of gum disease is called gi...
How is periodontal disease related to edentulism?
Periodontal disease is one of the main causes of edentulism. Periodontal disease is a condition that...
Can Gum Disease Affect Your Overall Health?