How does peppermint reduce bloating?

Indigestion is one of the most common causes of bloating. Peppermint improves the flow of bile to digest fats better. Lemon adds flavor so you won’t have to use sweeteners that can also cause bloating.

Lemon Peppermint Ice Cubes

2 1/2 cups lemon juice
15 peppermint leaves

Freeze peppermint leaves in lemon juice in an ice cube tray. Add 3 cubes to every glass of water at least 3 times a day, or with meals.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Peppermint

What is peppermint oil used for?
Sarah LoBiscoSarah LoBisco
Peppermint oil is most revered for its ability to calm upset bellies and support digestion in herbal...
What are the health benefits of peppermint oil?
Sarah LoBiscoSarah LoBisco
Peppermint oil is probably best known for its ability to relieve an “irritable bowel." However, this...
When can I use peppermint oil for headaches if I'm breastfeeding?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Topical peppermint oil for headaches can be used by women who are nursing -- but not while you a...
Can peppermint oil cause an allergic reaction?
Peppermint oil can indeed cause an allergic reaction in those sensitive to it, whether used internal...