What will an arteriogram of my pelvic and penile vessels show my urologist?

An arteriogram uses X-rays and a special dye to see inside arteries in the pelvis and penis to show which ones have to be repaired or replaced with surgery that restores adequate blood flow to the penis during arousal to enable you to get or maintain an erection.
A pelvic arteriogram is a medical test that may be performed when there is a serious trauma to the pelvis, which often results in erectile dysfunction (ED). A surgeon may order this test to determine whether surgery is needed, and exactly what needs to be done. It is not needed in most cases of ED.

Continue Learning about Penis Disorders

How can penis disorders affect my sex life?
Penis disorders may have an impact on your sex life, especially if the condition is left untreated. ...
Are penis disorders contagious?
Most penis disorders aren't contagious, but some that are caused by infections or sexually transmitt...
What are the complications of an erection lasting more than four hours?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
We all know the commercials that warn about getting medical attention for an erection lasting mo...
How do other illnesses affect penis disorders?
Some illnesses may actually cause penis disorders. Chronic illnesses that affect blood pressure, suc...