Should I talk to my doctor about my penis disorders symptoms?

If you have any symptoms that you think may be caused by a penis disorder, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms may include any signs of inflammation of the penis, including redness, swelling, itching, or other irritation. Signs of infection may include discharge from the penis or growths, sores, or bumps. Erection issues - either not being able to get and keep an erection, or having an erection that's painful or long-lasting - may also be signs of a penis disorder. These symptoms may indicate serious underlying health problems, so it's a good idea to see a doctor if you notice any unusual symptoms.

Continue Learning about Penis Disorders

Can penis disorders cause permanent damage?
Some penis disorders are only temporary and can be easily treated, but others may cause more permane...
What are the complications of an erection lasting more than four hours?
An erection that lasts more than four to six hours is known as priapism. This can be very painful an...
Do all penis disorders affect the ability to get an erection?
Some penis disorders may affect your ability to get an erection, but this isn't the case for all dis...
How can Peyronie's disease be prevented?
Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad, MDHossein Sadeghi-Nejad, MD
There are no truly worthwhile ways to prevent Peyronie’s disease (PD), with the exception of those r...