How do penis disorders affect the body?

Penis disorders may affect the body in a variety of ways, depending on the specific disorder. Obviously, all penis disorders cause problems with a man's penis, and various parts of the penis - including the glans penis (end of the penis), foreskin, penile tissue, urethra, or skin - may be affected. Some disorders may cause inflammation (redness, pain, swelling, itching), others may lead to blood flow issues, and still others can lead to the formation of scar tissue. If the underlying cause is another medical condition or an infection, other parts of the body may also be affected.

Continue Learning about Penis Disorders

What are the complications of an erection lasting more than four hours?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
We all know the commercials that warn about getting medical attention for an erection lasting mo...
Can I get my partner pregnant if I have a penis disorder?
The ability to get a woman pregnant depends on what specific penis disorder you have. In some cases,...
Can penis disorders be prevented?
There are some ways you may be able to prevent penis disorders, or at least reduce your risk for man...
How do other illnesses affect penis disorders?
Some illnesses may actually cause penis disorders. Chronic illnesses that affect blood pressure, suc...